Saturday, October 23, 2010

First Annual Sweets MeetUp Oct 13th to Oct 17th -- Day 1 Continued...

Day 1 continued...

By the time we got up to the cabin in the mountains, it must have been about 9pm already... we were all so tired and didn't get many pictures. The drive up the mountain was about 1 1/2 hours. We were all super exhausted and most of us were up since 3 am in the morning to make our flights...

The moment that we walked into the cabin, we were greeted by Heather's stepmom Cyndy and dad Kevin, and two huge swarms of moths inside the cabin! They were having a ball just chillin' by the two lightbulbs on the ceiling. There must have been hundreds of those buggers flying around. We were all freaked out, especially Ginny who is deadly afraid of moths like most people are afraid of snakes.

Ginny remained unbelievably calm...more calm than I would have been if I walked into a cabin full of snakes. LOL. Ginny, Deb, and I were standing huddled in a corner...and Ginny whispers to Deb, "I think there's a mouse behind you." Yikes. Deb makes a face, freaks silently, and looks behind her. Luckily, it wasn't a mouse...just some lint or something. But heck, thanks for adding more to the already freakish moment, Ginny! LOL.

Cyn had a moment of freak-out and didn't know what to do... but ultimately, she opened the door and turned off the lights and let the moths fly out. There were still some lingering ones that stayed behind... Kevin was in the back and we could hear the ruckus of him trying to get rid of the moths. And Cyn was in the main cabin with us and she was hitting them with a rolled up newspaper.

Finally, Cyn and Kevin left but there were still some residual moths still lingering around to keep us company. We started to make dinner. At this time, Miss Kila decided to show up! :)

For dinner, we had rotisserie chicken, salad, and a selection of olives. 

It was Kim's birthday so Heather got a cake! Elle will post a video soon of the birthday celebrations :D Deb gave everyone Ophelia goodies based on their past purchase histories. heehee... yum! Elle made everyone monogrammed tote bags.  And I made everyone beaded butterfly hair bobbies.

Here's just a few of the pictures I have...

Ginny and Elle settling down before dinner begins.

After dinner, we settled down and went to sleep upstairs. Needless to say, we didn't have that great of a first night sleep because of the excitement earlier and not to mention the foreign beds. Karen had the worst bed because it creaked like crazy... we talked all night until we were too exhausted and fell asleep. 

To be continued... Day 2.

Fen Li

1 comment: said...

Yes, was too fun. I love my monogrammed tote and hair butterfly and fragrance gifts....THANK YOU!!!